Grab your best Halloween costume!
Maestro Lawrence Loh and the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic are about to pull off something spooktacular — and the Valenches Music Co. is GIVING AWAY TICKETS!
“The Haunted Symphony”
This weekend, the area’s only 100% professional orchestra is emptying their bag of tricks, with plenty of treats to go with ’em! The hair-raising POPS season premiere features spooky selections from the silver screen; young pianist, Sasha Voinov, the NEPA Phil’s 2013-2014 Emerging Artist; actor/poet Frank Oden; and of course, Halloween costumes.
Who needs candy when you’ve got the NEPA Philharmonic?
Can we just say that the music selections for this concert are ridiculously awesome!?!
This is one action-packed, high-energy concert that’ll have the orchestra members’ fingers on fire!
Here’s what’s in store for you:
- John Williams: Superman March, Nimbus 2000 AND The Chamber of Secrets
- Badelt: Pirates of the Carribean
- Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique Selections
- Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Bizet: Carmen Prelude
- Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries
- Saint-Saens: Danse Macabre
- & enough spookery to go around
Not to mention, WE’RE GIVING AWAY TICKETS — 10 of them!
Down to the Details…
WHO: The Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic
FEATURING: Sasha Voinov & Frank Odean
WHAT: The Haunted Symphony
WHEN & WHERE:
- F.M. Kirby Center: Saturday, October 19, 2013 @ 8:00 p.m.
- Scranton Cultural Center: Sunday, October 20, 2o13 @ 2:30 p.m.
- Call the Philharmonic Office: (570) 270 – 4444
- Visit the Philharmonic Website: nepaphil.org/
ENTER OUR TICKET GIVEAWAY!
That’s right! Five LUCKY people will be taking the guest of their choice to this Sunday’s matinee performance compliments of our Valenches Music Company Haunted Symphony Giveaway!
For your chance to win…
ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW:
What is the one thing you’d LOVE to see from your NEPA Philharmonic in the future (programming idea, guest artist request, community involvement idea, etc.)?
- Five randomly selected winners will each receive 2 tickets for the Sunday matinee performance at the Scranton Cultural Center
- All entries must be received by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
- Winners will be notified by 8:00 p.m. Thursday, October 17, 2013
- Winners will need to provide us with their mailing address and phone number by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, October 18, 2013 to ensure their tickets. Should a winner not respond by this time, an alternate winner will be selected.